Wednesday 22 August 2018

Truck Festival (Take 4)

Nearing the end of festival season in the UK, it is probably about time I got round to posting my annual Truck Festival piece.

2018 marked my fourth year attending the Oxford based festival and once again, the weekend was brilliant as ever. If you happen to have read my reflection of Truck Festival 2017 you'll be happy to hear that this year held a lot fewer disasters, and a lot less rain.

Meeting no traffic or queuing upon reaching the festival site, we were in the campsite with our tent pitched by 11 am and, with three hours until the first act that myself and Katherine wished to see was on, there seemed to be only one solution; start drinking.

And the drinking continued all weekend (within limits of course). At times, it appeared all day drinking would be my only solution for my severe tiredness and lack of energy which dancing and lack of sleep had presented me with.

Despite weather worries in the weeks beforehand that this might be the first rainy weekend in what feels like months here in the UK. Thankfully it was only Friday that we saw any rain - even if it was the heaviest downpour I've seen in a while. The rest of the weekend was a scorcher making the number one phrase of the weekend 'it's too hot'. Because it was too hot; too hot to sleep, too hot to sit outside, too hot to stay in the tent, too hot not to exclaim that it was just too hot.

Music wise, prior to doing my own background research following the line up announcement, I had no idea about many of the bands who were due to perform. There would be no Neck Deep, no Creeper, no Slaves - no bands who I have previously been a big fan of. However, the music did not disappoint as I was met by the likes of George Ezra, The Courteeners, The Night Cafe, Nervus, The Amazons, Everything Everything, Tom Walker and The Magic Gang; all of whom performed wonderful sets across the weekend.

There was great food again this year; the return of the Veggie and Vegan van, a noodle bar, a breakfast bar - all helping me to function through the alcohol related and sleep deprived tiredness which clung to me the entire weekend.

I may have burnt on day one and I may have been uncomfortably hot the whole weekend but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. See you next July Truck.

--- Aimee ---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Truck Festival (Take 4)

Nearing the end of festival season in the UK, it is probably about time I got round to posting my annual Truck Festival piece. 2018 marked...