Wednesday 9 November 2016

A Post for October

As I led in my bed on September 30th I decided I would spend my October documenting (on my phone as is the modern age) each occasion that I found vaguely interesting. So, hopefully I have actually done something interesting this (coming) month which is worth writing about but, more importantly, worth reading about too.

It was a busy month. Not busy as in forever-doing-something-with-no-time-to-enjoy-yourself because, let's face it, I will always find at least 6 hours a week to watch and re-watch comedy shows on BBC iPlayer (don't lie, the BBC has the best range of comedy shows.)

I went to London (which I wish I visited more) as part of my Travel and Tourism coursework which (thankfully) was not the terrible disaster which I feared it would be and, once we realised that District and Circle tubes weren't the same, it all went fairy smoothly. The day would have likely been considerable less enjoyable had I not got to spend it with Grace who managed to save my sanity with the macaroni cheese topped with jalapeƱos I stumbled upon in EAT assisting the positive nature of the day.

This trip came following my day out a LEGOLAND (yes, little miss sociable right here) for a friends trip which was a very, very cold day which was not helped by idiotically deciding that the rapids were a great idea. My saving grace that day was definitely my Quorn chicken fajitas which were literally the nicest things I have cooked, ever.

Top tip to anyone planning on going on two consecutive school trips; don't. It is very tiring and there is far too much walking involved.

Aside from London, Grace and I also went for a well earned Nandos (even my Quorn chicken fajita can't beat their veggie burger with garlic bread and medium Peri-Peri sauce) and lovely little shop (although I have no recollection of buying anything but I know it was primarily charity shop shopping) on the last day of term before she ditched me by spending her whole half term in France (cheers babe.)
I had my first insight into university life by visiting Wolverhampton, Canterbury Christ Church, Derby and St Mary's and, my, what an experience it was. I absolutely loved absorbing the positive atmosphere of places where I may end up in under a years time. Despite the tremendous amount of walking involved, the days were wonderful (with thanks to my parents' ridiculous humour and jokes which honestly made me feel like I had taken my kids on a day out. And, although I am so very excited to start uni next September (providing I don't majorly screw up my A-Levels this year) I can't help but reject the idea that I'm actually ready to move out and become largely independent.

Part of me would love to believe that I am ready, that I will be able to face any challenge given to me and that I really want to start my future but, another part of me is insistent that I'm still secretly an 8 year old who likes baking cakes and stroking dogs which, to be honest, I still do. The worst part is that the excitement I have for university now will drag on a whole 10 months until I actually get to go and experience university life.

I watched Trainspotting for the first time also which, although it was very heavy and highly confusing, was a brilliant film (but now I'm sad that I won't 18 by the time the second one comes out in January because the trailer looks AMAZING.) If you haven't seen it, you need to watch it although you probably shouldn't if you are very strongly against drug use because that is pretty much 97% of the film.

Half term also happened which meant three things; a) reading and essay writing, b) a chance to see Jack and c) a spontaneous shopping trip (and who doesn't love one of those?) I really did mean to watch more films that I hadn't seen before (which I probably should've done considering I borrowed about 8 from my neighbour at the beginning of half term) but it just didn't happen. I did finally get round to starting George Orwell's 1984 which I have been meaning to do for literally months and, so far, its everything I hoped it would be and more (no spoilers please I've started it but haven't got much further than that.)

One of the highlights of the month was definitely travelling to Southampton to visit Jack (twice) even if the first train journey was one of the most stressful and busy journeys in my life. But the travelling was very much worth it especially with the warm welcome I received from Jack's flatmates. The three day stay I had, assisted by a cute cinema date to The Girl On The Train (which was amazing despite it's 44% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and it's lack of similarity to the book at points) was pure bliss even if I did have to watch The Apprentice.

I also got tickets to see All Time Low which I am super excited about but it was the most stressful half hour of my life. I have decided that I do not like ordering tickets as soon as they go on sale because websites are crap and stress levels are high but I guess it's just something I'll get used to and, hopefully, more comfortable with.

Less exciting things also happened like work and netball which I figured I'd give a mention anyway just so it seems that there are other things I do besides from watching TV and visiting people and places. And I did see various people also such as my dads friend who visited for a few days and some family friends who cooked a lovely roast and providing an evening full of happiness
Near the end of the month I managed to actually make some new friends (I know, who'd have thought) on a lovely evening with those whom I already adore. It was so nice to feel comfortable around new people and actually be told such nice things about myself which really gave me some confidence which I have needed recently. It was only a small thing but it made me sure o the fact that, around the right people, I really will be loved and cherished.

I'll admit, looking back at it now it was a more exciting month than I thought it would be but I am glad it was as action-packed as it was because, on the whole, it was a really good month.

--- Aimee ---





No comments:

Post a Comment

Truck Festival (Take 4)

Nearing the end of festival season in the UK, it is probably about time I got round to posting my annual Truck Festival piece. 2018 marked...