Wednesday 17 June 2015

End of Exams

At 3:00pm on Monday afternoon my summer began. I cannot even began to explain how thrilled I am that I do not have to go back to school until September. The thought of such a long and relaxing summer is so exciting to me. I know that many people dislike the idea of doing nothing for long periods of time and are concerned about how to spend their summer wisely but I have a clear idea of what I want to do with my time. Firstly, I am hoping to meet many of my friends who I have been meaning to see for a while now. I also have a stack of books I want to read as soon as I can as well as having several box sets I wish to re-watch.

I believe that, for me, the worst part of school is the physical school itself and also the people in it. I have always enjoyed the learning aspect but the way it is put across usually has a negative effect on students and causes them to believe it is the learning that they detest. This year, I had the horrible matter of taking my GCSE exams, which was a severely stressful time. The idea of exams themselves make me feel sick and I do not cope well with the pressure at all. Of course I am hoping for good results but I am strongly relying on my coursework for many subjects to help me get good grades.

Thinking about it now, it's rather upsetting that some of the people who I have strongly connected to this year will not be coming back to school next year. Until you really think about it, I don't think you ever realise how much you will miss someone even if you only spoke to them in a certain lesson or even just once a week. In this past year of my life, I have made so many friends from different circles, something which I never thought I would be confident enough to do and I am so grateful to anyone who has ever made the effort with me.

I think that nowadays, so many people judge you on who you are friends with. I know that some of my closest friends don't nessarily agree with some people I associate myself with, but they respect it none the less. And personally, I don't think it matters the groups that your friends belong to because as long as you trust and care about that person, it shouldn't matter what other people have to say. That's where our downfall is as a generation because we are in constant fear of being judged on our actions and don't spend enough time doing what we truly want to do. To me, it doesn't concern me too much if one of my friends disagrees with something I like to do because I know that as long as I enjoy it, it doesn't bother me that others don't.

When I do have to go back in September, I am thoroughly hoping that I feel more confortable in the environment and enjoy the learning a bit more. I think that this upcoming year will strongly impact my future and I am aware that I need to make this year count. It's a very freeing feeling that I will only be studying specific subjects which I want to study. This make me happy as I know that I won't have to suffer through subjects that I have no interest in whatsoever. Although most people I tell my A-Level choices to express that they will all be very hard and challenging, I am quite looking forward to begining them. I do think that they will be quite challenging but I am also aware that they will help me get on the right path for my future which I feel is all that really matters.

But until I do have to begin my A-Levels, I am going to make the most of my summer, either by going new places and meeting new people or just staying inside and watching some of my favourite shows. But either way, I am going to ensure I make the most of it and enjoy myself while doing so.

--- Aimee ---







No comments:

Post a Comment

Truck Festival (Take 4)

Nearing the end of festival season in the UK, it is probably about time I got round to posting my annual Truck Festival piece. 2018 marked...